terça-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2009

self-indulgent

self-indulgent


Once in a meeting in the UK a colleague of mine has tried to criticize me, saying (after the presentation of my paper, with the added effort of speaking in English...) that I was taking the risk of being self-indulgent.
To his surprise, I have answered yes.

And searching in the dictionary I think I was right; quoting:
adjective
characterized by doing or tending to do exactly what one wants, esp. when this involves pleasure or idleness : a self-indulgent extra hour of sleep.
• (of a creative work) lacking economy and control.


Thesaurus
hedonistic, pleasure-seeking, sybaritic, indulgent, luxurious, lotus-eating, epicurean; intemperate, immoderate, overindulgent, excessive, extravagant, licentious, dissolute, decadent.
antonym abstemious.


I do not want to be abstemious! Life is already too boring... good gods!

Sem comentários: