terça-feira, 11 de março de 2008

Los Millares, Almeria, Spain - one of the most important archaeological complexes of Western Europe











I reproduce here this flyer made and divulgated by Junta de Andalucía - Consejería de Cultura and by the Ayuntamiento de Santa Fe de Mondujar. It has the intention of stimulating the visit of interested people.

The site was excaveted mainly under the direction of my colleague and friend Prof. Fernando Molina (University of Granada). It is a very impressive site, and in particular for me and my team, because we are studying a sort of "small" Los Millares in the northeast of Portugal (Castanheiro do Vento).
Although my ideas and Fernando's ones about this kind of sites differ in certain aspects (apart from the questions concerning the similarities between the two sites, which are subjected to discussion, of course...) we have a long friendship and I was always gently received by him and his wife in Granada and in Los Millares. He gave me this flyer when me and my wife we visited this site in August 2004 in their extremely kind company.

Click on the images to enlarge and read.

Sem comentários: