terça-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2007

TAG YORK 16 Dec. 2007 - some images of the session on "archaeology and the politics of vision in a post-modern context" (see other posts of this blog)

We apologize for the fact that we do not have photos of all the speakers. Co-coordinating a session and taking photos at the same time is impossible! Also, the images of the big room (a little bit cold... outside the weather was really freezing - but being the biggest amphiteatre available to the organization - it is the session's hall of the York Museum) do not express the quantity of people attending ... in an extra demonstration that images create (un)realities...







Julian Thomas (University of Manchester).


Stelios Lekakis (University of Athens).






Views of the room.


Andrew Cochrane (University of Cardiff).




Christopher Watts (University of Toronto).




Laurent Dissard (University of California, Berkeley).



Julian Thomas and Sérgio Gomes (University of Porto) , during the presentation of this speaker.







Julian Thomas and Ana Margarida Vale (University of Porto), during the presentation of this speaker.



Ana Margarida Vale (University of Porto).





Vítor Oliveira Jorge (University of Porto/CEAUCP).





Colin Renfrew (University of Cambridge) presenting his final comment on the session.


I thank for very much my friend Gonçalo Velho (IPT, Tomar), who has presented a paper in other session, for his collaboration and friendship in several aspects concerning my stay in York, which was very much troubled by the loss of my luggage by B.A. In these moments of anguish, we appreciate very much certain attitudes. I never forget those who have helped me.
After our session, which was a busy day, I went with friends to the poetry session on the hotel "The Exhibition"... I was sorry to see that the poems that I had sent by mail were also lost... no problem, I already had my luggage with me again and our session done...
Now we are waiting for some information from the publisher in order for us to start prepararing the book. Probably it is one of the hundreds of mails that I need to read tomorrow...
This was a good experience, and everybody in York (a beautiful city) very kind.
Thank you all!

Sem comentários: