domingo, 13 de janeiro de 2008

The problem with some "moralists" today...




"For them, to focus on a problem is the ultimate way of avoiding the problem in question"


Slavoj Zizek


(all the quotations of this author are taken from the lecture reproduced here today.
Is is my opinion that of course some statements are only understandable in the context of his whole discourse, but my point here is to call attention to one of the leading thinkers of our time.
The aim is not to accept his ideas; the problem is that he is absolutely brilliant in the capacity of communicating his enthusiasm in the search of a lucid position.
Moreover, I think that we should use "people who really thinks" - they are rare, this kind of people - not to search for certitudes or blocks of ideas to be accepted uncritically, but as a way of helping ourselves in the work of our own effort to become thinking individuals. Bu "thinking individuals" I do not mean any kind of elite; I simply mean a sort of workers involved in the difficult task of reading and trying to be counterintuitive, trying to show that most of that we say and do is misleading and often probably wrong or even ridiculous ... but this is just my opinion... I try my best everyday to get rid of many common sense ideas accepted as "natural").


Sem comentários: